Charbel Rouhana, Oud Player, Oud Teacher and Researcher, Composer.
Diploma in Oud and MA in Musicology, Faculty of Music - Holy Spirit University
- Oud Teacher at the National Conservatory of Beirut from 1993 -
- Oud Teacher at the Holy Spirit University since 1985
- Oud Instructor and Ens ble coordinator at the Arabic Music Retreat – Boston, USA – 2004/5/8
- Master Classes and workshops at Istanbul Conservatory (2005) the Opera House - Cairo, Egypt (2003) En Chordais – Greece (Thessaloniki (2001), Athens (2004))
- Author of the Modern Method of Oud Teaching (8 volumes), co-published by the National Conservatory of Beirut and the Holy Spirit University, 1995, reviewed in 2000 and published by the National Conservatory.
- We Live (Compilation for various artists) - Forward Music -
- Lashou al Taghyir (Single) – 2005
- Sayyed Darwish, Beirut Oriental Ens ble (Music inator) – En Chordais – 2005
- Sourat Trait-D’Union – 2004
- The Art of the Middle Eastern Oud – ARC – 2004
- Muhammad Al Durrah (Single) – Arab Women’s Court – 2001
- Mazaj Alani – Voix de L’Orient – 2000
- Mada – Voix de L’Orient – 1998
- Salamat - Voix de L’Orient – 1997
- Zikra – Relax In – 1993
- Music composition for the choreographer Abdul Halim Caracalla’s shows 2000 and 2 Nights (2002), “Bi Laylat Qamar” (1999), “Andalusia, the Lost Glory” (1997), and “Elissa, Queen of Carthage” (1995)
- Overture and music of Hakaya series ( ), Isal Rouhak series ( ), overture of “Hour al Ein” series (2005), “Fares Bani Marwan” series (2004), the original music of the film “Sayedat Al-Kasr”, a Misr Interational Films (Youssef Chahine & Co.) production (2004), and “Living Martyr”, a “Signature” production (2000).
- Music Composition for the Dubai Shopping Festival opening Night – 2002
Oud Solo Oud Express - Thessalonica, Greece ( ) Algeria ( ) Tripoli, Lebanon ( ) Bahrein ( ) Meddina Festival – Tunisia ( ) Oud Meeting, Jerash Festival - Jordan (2005/2003) Al Sindyan Festival - Syria (2005) Arabic Music Conference – Egypt (2003) Oud Meeting - Thessaloniki, Greece (2002) Al-Meddina Festival - Tunisia (1997) Al Bustan Festival – Lebanon (1995)
With own band
Various concerts in Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Morocco, UAE, Kuwait, UK, Switzerland, France, Belgium, Dan ark, Slovakia, Germany, Czech Republic.
Collaboration with other musicians and bands
“Salut Brassens” with Joel Favreau and Jacques Franchin Sarband Troupe Sapho Rene McLean Satoru Shionoya Unit “Musica without Boundaries” with Zakir Hussain, Hariprasad Chaurasia, George Brooks and Larry Coriel MediMuses project Second Oud in Marcel Khalife’s Jadal (Oud Duet).
Awards and Recognitions
Sarasin – Alpen Dubai ( ) La Joconde Club – Zouk Mikael, Lebanon (2001) Murex d’Or - Musician of the Year, Lebanon (2000) First Prize - Hirayama competition for music composition, Japan (1990).